Marcel and the Cardinals
Tango’s Marcel the Projections are out. You can download the set here. Marcel is the simplest of all projections, (as in it’s so easy a trained monkey could run them), but the system hangs in well with the big boys. Since Marcel is simple, I’ll keep this post simple.
Here’s the Cardinal hitters:
- That would be a down year for Albert by his own glorious standards, but bear in mind he leads all offensive players in Marcel-projected by wOBA by a big margin.
- I’m loving that Holliday projection.
- CHONE and Marcel diverge greatly on Colby Rasmus. CHONE projects a .340 wOBA, Bill James .330, and now Marcel is flinging poo at him.
- On the other hand, Marcel likes David Freese, as does CHONE.
Here’s our pitchers:
- It could be another Lincecum-Carpenter-Wainwright finish in the Cy Young balloting again.
- I’m not sure what to make of Hawksworth’s low ERA projection, but if you calculate his FIP it comes out to 4.13.
- Sign Kiko Calero! 55 IP, 3.60 ERA, 51 K.